3D Printed Indoor and Outdoor Saddles

Like many riders, I use the same saddle on both my indoor and outdoor bikes. I had the option to buy a cheaper and heavier version of this 3D printed saddle for indoors. That was nice.

Zeus 3D Printed Saddle

I bought the $50 nylon frame version for indoors and the lighter $65 full carbon version for outdoors.

The outdoor saddle is 2 years old with 12,000 kms and still looks like new. The indoor saddle will likely outlast me. 

For the small price difference, I recommend the carbon version. I just wanted to say I paid less for the heavier indoor saddle πŸ™‚.


This is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used. That's personal of course. The saddle is average width with wider than normal nose. I had no idea this design was good for me until I tried it.

At 165 grams for the outdoor carbon version, it's also the lightest saddle I've owned.




For those who care...

The Ensolite-like honeycomb padding is 3D printed.  It is bonded to a carbon fibre or nylon outer frame, depending on the version you buy.  I doubt either frame is 3D printed.









The carbon version has carbon fibre rails bonded to the frame.  The nylon version has chrome-moly rails. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stages SB20 - Drive Belt Adjustments

Stages SB20 - What's Inside?

Indoor Bike Improvement #10 - SB20 Rocker Plate

Smart Bikes, Zwift and Bike Computers are all WRONG

Stages SB20 - Measuring Torque Against Factory Specifications

Batteries and SB20 Power Meters